[Ardour-Dev] OSC control and Tranzport

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Tue Nov 6 14:17:11 PST 2007

Hi again,

here is my simple implementation of a standalone tranzport2midi
application (based on other tranzport code):

http://vegri.net/tranzport2midi.zip

This application implements a *very* primitive virtual DAW controller
which can control midid-controllable applications (e.g. ardour2) using a
tranzport device. MIDI feedback is not (yet) implemented, as far as I
remember (I did not look at the code for some months). The tranzport
link stability is significantly higher than that of libardour_tranzport.

You can do with this source code whatever you want. Currently I have not
the possibility to bring this project to a really usable state, but I
would be happy to contribute/participate.

The reason why I went for a stand-alone application instead of improving
the ardour tranzport code was that this is more flexible and allows
control of other MIDI applications as well. It could be nice to put this
virtual DAW controller in Mackie control emulation mode and use the very
stable mcu/bcf2000 backend to control ardour.

Best regards,

Giso