[ardour-dev] two features I'd really like to see in ardour.

Chris Goddard chris at oofus.demon.co.uk
Tue May 15 07:45:34 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 15:35, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> Personally i would like to have a modifier key which enables this behaviour
> when dragging a region.. This way you woldn't have to toggle this on first
> via some context menu.. just press CTRL [or whatever] when dragging a
> region and it stays restricted to its timeline position but can be moved
> across tracks..

Middle mouse button already does this. On its own to move a region, with ctrl
to copy a region.

What happens when you want to change a fade on a region and you accidentally
move the region instread ? If you have positioned all of your audio, then you
can lock it in position but still edit it without the danger of accidentally
moving you it,

--
Cheers

Chris