[ardour-dev] [ardour-users] Saffire 26 i/o

Dan Tepper dan at wintaper.com
Thu Mar 15 20:38:52 PDT 2007

I recently got 3 Focusrite Saffire 26i/o units, which I run via ADAT
into my RME HDSP9652. The Focusrites were quirky as hell but after 4
days of experimentation I finally got it all to work and they sound
great - all 24 inputs! The short answer is - if you're using adat/optic
-  use standalone mode on the saffire and do NOT connect to firewire -
the unit apparently will not send signal to both simultaneously - and it
peaks all the adat channels when sending audio to the firewire. I can
post my full findings if anybody cares - otherwise I'll save myself some
typing.

-dan

PS: the 26i/o units also came up in qjack via firewire when I ran jack
in freebob mode. didn't try recording - but all the ins and outs showed up.