[ardour-dev] Opening 0.99.3 session files in 2beta11.1?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 11:57:18 PST 2007

vze26m98 a écrit :
> Hi all-
>
> Using the pre-built OSX binaries of both 0.99.3 and 2beta11.1

using a personal build on ubuntu dapper, same versions

> Should I be able to successfully open a session file created in the
> older 0.99 version with the Beta2 Ardour?

I did and it globally works. It also creates a backup of the ardour 0.99 session
file, so it's riskless.

> Beta2 crashes, and I'm wondering whether it's me or not...

Yesterday I've tried to start a recording session with beta11.1 and it crashed 3
times in 10 minutes, after 30 seconds of recording. I was obliged to return to 0.99.
That's a pity because everything works well, including the BCF-2000, and I have
no latency problem.

I've however been able to record during several hours with beta8. At the time,
the BCF-2000 did not work. Maybe this is the culprit. I did not have time to
investigate yet.

regards
Christophe