[ardour-dev] How many layers?

vze26m98 vze26m98 at optonline.net
Sat Mar 3 18:41:57 PST 2007

Paul Davis wrote on 3/3/07 at 9:19 PM

>> Does someone know what the upper limit for the number of layers per
>> track is in Ardour 0.99?
>
>there is no upper limit defined by the software
>
>BUT BUT BUT BUT

Actually, what I'd like to do is write track playlists in XML to
automate the insertion of many really short regions of audio. No region
would overlap another.

So I'd set up a session with the required tracks and import my audio as
regions, then generate track playlists based on the information from the
.ardour file. Then I'd just paste my playlists back into the original
.ardour file.

Do you have any suggestions on layer numbering, then?

BTW: I've been looping ranges as small as 51 samples and the playback
performance of Ardour 2.0beta is way better than 0.99 on my PPC iBook.
Congrats!

Best, Charles

<vze26m98 at optonline.net>