[ardour-dev] Creating sound files

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 06:15:33 PDT 2007

I'm just re-sending this because my ISP informed me this morning that some
of my sent emails from last week failed to get delivered.  Apologies if
you've already seen it...!

In the next couple of weeks I'll have reached the stage (with my AAF import
stuff) where I need to process the audio (i.e. load up the audio clips from
an AAF file and generate discrete source clips that an Ardour project can
use (e.g. WAV files).  I gather that this kind of thing is supported through
libsndfile - but I've never used it.  I wondered if there are any existing
modules where I could find some examples of how libsndfile gets used (let's
say when creating sound files or converting from one type of sound file to
another).

Also - I might have asked this before - but is there a standard folder where
Ardour expects its media files to be located?

Thanks,

John