[ardour-dev] Tranzport UI changes?

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:12:31 PST 2007

I'm now thinking

Shift prev = Select gain/pan/master level mode
Shift Add = Change views

makes more sense than shift loop and shift space, respectively.

On 1/5/07, Chris Goddard <chris at oofus.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> There doesn't appear to be a 'zoom to session' option, could that be
> squeezed
> in ?

Maybe. I thought maybe shift-add for that for a minute....

I note that ALL the keys on a tranzport are basically shift keys. You could
hit shift in+out simultaneously for example - to get a zoom to session key.

On Friday 05 January 2007 15:56, Mike Taht wrote:
> > I'd like to get another tranzport driver out by the weekend, and would
> like
> > to touch up the UI interface a little bit.
> > The documentation at http://ardour.org/manual/control_surfaces/tranzportis
> > a bit out of date.
> >
> > I'd like to make the following changes. (most of these are already in
> the
> > driver)
> >
> > <Shift>Record = Save. It's intuitive to me that "record=save", less
> > intuitive that play=save
> > <Shift>Play = Return transport speed to +1.0
> > <Shift>Space = Change view mode
> > <Shift>Prev = --- Not change zoom to 100%, that doesn't make any sense
> > me.
> > Footswitch = Down - return to start of section - up = play
> > (this could also be down + up = toggle record, I haven't played with the
> > footswitch enough to see which I like better - and I have a polarity
> > problem - I think we're going to end up with multiple modes for the
> > footswitch)
> >
> > <Shift>Backlight release - currently does a screen redraw, but I don't
> want
> > to document that.
> >
> > Any suggestions welcomed.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com
"Have you noticed that the earth is tipped away from the sun at the moment?
Really sloppy quality control. I filed a request to have it tipped towards
the sun again, but you know how these things go. Probably take 'em 6 months
to fix it" - E.H.