[ardour-dev] Tranzport UI changes?

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 07:56:14 PST 2007

I'd like to get another tranzport driver out by the weekend, and would like
to touch up the UI interface a little bit.
The documentation at http://ardour.org/manual/control_surfaces/tranzport is
a bit out of date.

I'd like to make the following changes. (most of these are already in the
driver)

<Shift>Record = Save. It's intuitive to me that "record=save", less
intuitive that play=save
<Shift>Play = Return transport speed to +1.0
<Shift>Space = Change view mode
<Shift>Prev = --- Not change zoom to 100%, that doesn't make any sense to
me.
Footswitch = Down - return to start of section - up = play
(this could also be down + up = toggle record, I haven't played with the
footswitch enough to see which I like better - and I have a polarity problem
- I think we're going to end up with multiple modes for the footswitch)

<Shift>Backlight release - currently does a screen redraw, but I don't want
to document that.

Any suggestions welcomed.

--
Mike Taht