[ardour-dev] GUI bugs in ardour2 beta 10

Sebastian Moors sebastian.moors at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:29:26 PST 2007

hi,

i tried ardour2 beta 10 today and found some bugs in the UI. But first
a big "Thanks!" to everybody involved in this project :)

1. Have a look at this screenshot:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/71007780@N00/345857514/

   The sampling-rate textfield is hiding the "jack","window","options"
and "help" menu, so you can't access them. This happens when i use the
'maximise'-window function (fluxbox) on my 15" thinkpad with 1024x768.
It would be better if the textfield disappear and not the menu or
something..

2. As you can see in the same screenshot, some menu items (for example
of the "file"-menu) are missing.  Maybe they aren't translated yet?
I'm using the german translation.  The following warnings appear in my
terminal:

(ardour.bin:18753): Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string

(ardour.bin:18753): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

3.  Another screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71007780@N00/345878818/

In the "new-session" dialog:  There are <b>-html tags around the captions
"input" and "output" under "advanced options".

 4. All german umlauts are displayed as "?" , this is working for
other gtk programs.

Thanks,

sebastian.