[ardour-dev] Pan pots

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:41:04 PDT 2007

> Yes, because in ardour the number of input ports defines how many
> channels of audio the track has, irregardless if you intend to connect
> anything to them.  We should probably disallow having no input ports
> given that assumption.  So, if you have 2 output ports, and 1 input
> port, you will see 1 stereo panner, with 2 input ports you will see 2
> panners, 3 inputs ports 3 panners, etc.

I am confused about this decision, I was going to bring up the same
thing as the OP myself once I confirmed it in rc2.  As it is I have 24
tracks of recordings from 4 shows I am importing into an Ardour session,
so what you are telling me is because I don't have any input ports
defined, as I am doing no work with recording this time around, that the
panning will not exist?

I am just confused about the thought process behind it I suppose, but
yall are the devs of course, just figured I would throw out my 2 cents.

            Seablade