[ardour-dev] Pan pots

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sat Apr 28 11:22:02 PDT 2007

On 4/28/07, Lincoln Spiteri <lincoln.spiteri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just noticed that on a track that has an output source and no input source
> the pan is not displayed in the mixer (both editor and mixer screen).
>
> Is an imput always required to have panning?

Yes, because in ardour the number of input ports defines how many
channels of audio the track has, irregardless if you intend to connect
anything to them.  We should probably disallow having no input ports
given that assumption.  So, if you have 2 output ports, and 1 input
port, you will see 1 stereo panner, with 2 input ports you will see 2
panners, 3 inputs ports 3 panners, etc.

jlc