[ardour-dev] Include Directories

Patrice Levesque ardour-dev.wayne at ptaff.ca
Mon Apr 30 03:17:30 PDT 2007

> Some of its source files require me to #include <gdk/gdk.h>.  Judging
> from the angled brackets I assumed I'd find that file among my GCC or
> GTK installation - but I can't seem to find it.  [...snip...] Is there
> a simple way to find out which folders I need to specifiy for includes
> & libs?  e.g - might I find out the info from examining my SConscript
> files?

I'm assuming here you're refering to Ardour2.

`pkg-config gdk-2.0 --cflags` will give you the include directories for
the GTK/GDK stuff.  On my host, gdk.h is located in
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h

(For Ardour1, `gtk-config --cflags` will do the same).

For others unknown include locations, it might be simpler to issue a
`slocate glib.h` than to reverse-engineer a building script.

Have fun with your IDE!

--
        ardour-dev.wayne at ptaff.ca