[ardour-dev] scons error in current SVN

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Tue Oct 17 10:02:10 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:56:50AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> sounds as if you don't have glib 2.10 installed, which is required now
> but alas we do not test for the correct (or any particular) version.

Updated glib and glibmm, things compiled, thanks.

But... The problem with multichannel tracks that I reported IIRC
about a year ago and that was solved in 0.99 is back. More specifically,
if you bypass the panner, the fader gain seems to be applied twice.
(and there may be other problems). I remember that solving this
introduced new problems with zipper noise on post fader sends etc.
which were also solved, but using a 'temporary hack'. My conclusion
at the time was that for a clean solution the whole audio processing
structure of the mixer strip would need some redesign... IIRC the
issue is related to the 'dezippering' of the fader being delayed
and combined with that for the panners, and it's further complicated
by automation.

Unfortunately this makes ardour2 unusable for most of my work...

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.