[ardour-dev] scons error in current SVN

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 17 06:56:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 11:31 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Building the current SVN generates this error here:
>
> libs/pbd/pbd/ringbuffer.h: In member function ‘void RingBuffer<T>::reset()’:
> libs/pbd/pbd/ringbuffer.h:51: error: there are no arguments to ‘g_atomic_int_set’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘g_atomic_int_set’ must be available
> libs/pbd/pbd/ringbuffer.h:51: error: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
>
> Any ideas ?

sounds as if you don't have glib 2.10 installed, which is required now
but alas we do not test for the correct (or any particular) version.

> Also what's the special Ardour versions of libsndfilea all about ?

it has some hacks that have not been fed back to erik, and may not be
accepted when they get back to him. it may continue to evolve in this
direction, but we hope not.

--p