[ardour-dev] about ardevst

Olivier Doaré nolv at free.fr
Fri Oct 13 13:21:19 PDT 2006

Hello,

In recent SVN :

* "../gtk2_ardour/icons" should be added to ARDOUR_PATH in the ardevst
script. It doesn't run without it.

* I can get ardour2 crashing each time I use a drop down list in VST
plugs (eg. LFX310 , Electri-Q - posihfopit edition , and maybe
others...). I know VST is not a priority and maybe it is more a wine bug
than a FST bug, but, if something can be done to let the marvelous
Electri-Q working...

* Regarding VST's, ardour2 seems very, very stable with many other VST
plugs. Thanks and congratulations!

* Embed/Import audio seems to be not working at all

* Same as ctrl-middle mouse to link controls to midi CCs

Appart that, i did not find any problem during the short time i tested
it. Ardour is more beautiful than ever.

PS : I managed to record a midi track with the experimental ardour2-midi
SVN branch... not very easy but it worked! I hope to see it in the
official version soon...

Best wishes,
Olivier