[ardour-dev] Ardour2Beta5.1 Issues

Shayne O'Connor flowbot at machinehasnoagenda.com
Wed Oct 11 17:33:21 PDT 2006

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 09:04 +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
>
>> VST support seems to be working quite well, though i haven't tested
>> saving a session with VST's in them (when first running ardour with
>> vst support, it may crash a few times as it generates some kind of
>> reference files for your vsts). Also - Ardour looks in libs/vst for
>> plugins - i have mine installed in /home/flowbot/vst, so i just
>> created a symlink to that from libs/vst.
>>

> just set VST_PLUGINS to point to the usual colon-separated search path
> that you'd like to search along. same variable name as is used on win32
> and OS X, btw.

ah, i couldn't remember the variable, cheers ;)

>> as for stability, here's the problems i found (probly all my sessions
>> are ardour2 sessions, though i was working on them in ardour.99 for a
>> while when i couldn't get ardour2 to work):
>>

> i'm busy working on these. some fixes are already in svn, there will be
> a beta 6 by the end of this week that will hopefully resolve most of the
> issues related to "close" or "close and reopen" or "switch snapshots".

that's great news :)  i was pretty sure that most of these issues would
be known ...

also, i found out from ardour IRC channel that ardour is actually
creating new sessions in the current working directory, so starting
ardour in my session directory gets things where i want.

shayne