[ardour-dev] Ardour2Beta5.1 Issues

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 11 16:58:16 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 09:04 +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> VST support seems to be working quite well, though i haven't tested
> saving a session with VST's in them (when first running ardour with
> vst support, it may crash a few times as it generates some kind of
> reference files for your vsts). Also - Ardour looks in libs/vst for
> plugins - i have mine installed in /home/flowbot/vst, so i just
> created a symlink to that from libs/vst.

just set VST_PLUGINS to point to the usual colon-separated search path
that you'd like to search along. same variable name as is used on win32
and OS X, btw.

> as for stability, here's the problems i found (probly all my sessions
> are ardour2 sessions, though i was working on them in ardour.99 for a
> while when i couldn't get ardour2 to work):

i'm busy working on these. some fixes are already in svn, there will be
a beta 6 by the end of this week that will hopefully resolve most of the
issues related to "close" or "close and reopen" or "switch snapshots".

--p