[ardour-dev] ardour2 is GPL licensing, right?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 17:06:42 PDT 2006

Hi,
   I was just wandering around in the GUI and looked at the About box
which led me to the licence button. Ardour2 does not seem to be
displaying any statements about GPL, etc., and directs me to a file
called COPYING. After updatedb and grepping around I found this file:

/usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/ardour2/trunk/COPYING

which does seem to be a GPL Ver.2 license so I hope I'm correct that
Ardour2 is still GPL?

   Would it make sense to state something in the About box license
page about this?

Thanks,
Mark