[ardour-dev] Translation character problem

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Thu Nov 30 07:33:33 PST 2006

Hello Sebastian.

I've done the swedish translation of Ardour, and I use a fully
UTF-8-ified system. My LC* params are as such:

declare -x LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_DATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
declare -x LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"

and

declare -x CHARSET="utf8"

My sv_SE.po is saved as UTF-8, using gedit. When I test the translation
I just set LC_MESSAGES to sv_SE.UTF-8.

Can't think of anything else that needs to be done...

Have you tried running a non-VST build of Ardour? That should hardly
matter though.