[ardour-dev] Found a Biggie.

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Mon Nov 13 19:19:28 PST 2006

I was cutting together a vocal track today, removing breaths, etc. While doing
this I was putting fade ins and outs and one time when extending the fade out
I was unable to see the fade out, so I assumed that the curve was set to
the "fastest" curve and was virtually invisible so I then changed the curve
to linear and re-made the fade out, this time the triangle for the fade out
was upside down so it looked like a volume swell at the end of the region.
Then ardour2 crashed.

When I restarted ardour2, I loaded up the project and all my edits were gone,
obviously I didn't save but shouldn't the crash handler have done something?

Then I started editing again in the same manner except from the other end this
time and it happened within the first 5 minutes of editing this time and the
same result, ardour crashed. However this time I saved after every edit but
now all my fade ins and outs are gone and I can't edit them anymore it does
the "invisible" fade and then dies.

Llew