[ardour-dev] Keep crashing with Ardour2

Mr Machine forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue Mar 28 05:29:23 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 14:19 +0100, Chris Goddard wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 Mar 2006 14:16, Mr Machine wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 14:11 +0100, Chris Goddard wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Sorry I can't help with your problem, I just have a question.

> > > Is this kernel one you compiled yourself or is it part of a particular
> > > distribution ?
> >
> > i compiled it myself ... i think i might see if there's an updated
> > realtime patch, though, and compile again ...
>
> What's the source of the realtime patch ? Where can I get it ? I'm just about
> to try my first kernel compile (for ardour) and have no real experience of
> all this.
>
> Thanks for the info

here's the latest one:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.16-rt10

i usually save the patch to the directory above the kernel source, and
then from within the kernel-source folder i do this from the
command-line:

patch -p1 < ../patch-2.6.16-rt10

if you've never configured/built a kernel before, i know there are some
good walkthroughs, but can't find any links ... someone should be able
to help you if you run into trouble, though ...

good luck

shayne