[ardour-dev] Mantis 0001138

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:05:37 PST 2006

Was checking out the new website and browsing through mantis and found
this one that even though it was 'resolved' the actual cause was
unknown, figured I would inform you for next time...

The cause is pretty basic actually, it is caused by the demo version of
a VST or other plug-in on a system expiring, when Ardour opens it tries
to load that VST and thus the error is caused, I have actually had to
remove demo VSTs before that werent expired due to control issues
between that dialog(Which is Cocoa I believe) and X on a Mac because I
couldnt close the dialog and as a result Ardour wouldn't continue to open.

       Seablade