[ardour-dev] Fader gain

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Fri Mar 17 15:04:39 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:56:26PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> On 3/17/06, fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > This is just a single track with a few seconds of a 1kHz tone.
> > Start it playing as a loop. Iinitially the track fader is at -20,
> > and the level is -50. Move up the fader and watch the level.
> > Also note the different 'feel' of the track and bus faders.
>
> I can reproduce this with your session.  I notice that i get clickies
> when i move the gain slider on the track too.  The case where there is
> no panner is a slightly separate code-path, we'll look into it.

I can't confirm the no-panner relation ATM, but it could very well
be related. The first time I noticed this problem was with four
mono tracks routed to a 4-ch bus - a B-format recording I received
as four separate mono files.

The version I'm using is CVS just after the zipper noise on sends
in 0.99.1 was solved, one or two days before 0.99.2. The fix for
that one may have introduced the current bug.

BTW, is there any way to trim a track *destructively* ? When
preparing the session I posted I tried every trick to shorten
the tracks it contained. Trying to be smart I split them after
a few seconds and destroyed the second part, but even that
allowed the short pieces that remained to regrow like an
amoebe to the complete original... So I just removed all of
them.

--
FA