[ardour-dev] FOSS, Science, and Public activism

proclus at gnu-darwin.org proclus at gnu-darwin.org
Fri Jun 30 06:42:39 PDT 2006

On 30 Jun, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 08:28 -0400, proclus at gnu-darwin.org wrote:
>
> if you post another message like this to any list that i
> moderate/administer, i will summarily remove you from *all* such lists.
> its bad enough that you sent this to a mailing list that has absolutely
> no interest in the fate of GNU/Darwin, but you then proceed to lecture
> the reader on how doing so is a moral imperative. whether or not i am
> personally sympathetic to the cause you have written about, this is
> unacceptable behaviour for this mailing list.

Clearly the message was not GNU-Darwin evangelism, but an essay
regarding the importance of freedom and openness in our society.  It
is possible that the essay argue for a moral imperative to support
freedom and openness, and I think that is true.  As fellow FOSS
developers, I am hoping to help bridge the various parts of our
communities on this matter, which should now be pushed up into other
arenas.  We can push together, because we share common tools, such as
GNU, and an orientation to the world that includes FOSS.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/

--