[ardour-dev] region export headers

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jul 31 06:03:52 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 11:46 +0300, Tommi Sakari Uimonen wrote:
> >> wav and aiff) in such a way that either PD flat out doesn't recognize,
> >> or complains about the header format. Ive tried different variations
> >> of endianness, bit, and format settings to no effect. What's different
> >> about ardour's wav and aiff file exports?

what does sndfile-info say about the exported files? if it understands
them, them i am afraid that we have to point the finger at PD.

> > What parameters did you use to export? Did you export them to 16 bit or
> > floats?
>
> Is ardour using libsndfile for exports? I recall it is using it for
> imports, am I right?

correct. it is used for both import + export (and actually, in ardour2,
for all audio file i/o except on OSX where coreaudio gets used to read a
few formats that sndfile can't deal with).