[ardour-dev] *bump* ardour x-run/crash problems

John Rigg ardev at sound-man.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 01:11:40 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:21:30PM -0800, jbs (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

> Sorry for spamming, but the thread that I posted in the user group, now seems more appropriate here since the problems persisted after I changed my OS/kernel. Let me know if you want more detailed info about my problem and what if anything you'd like me to do debugging-wise. Here is the link to the thread on nabble:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/problems-after-upgrade-from-beta28-%28debian-packages%29-t876186.html

You're not getting messages like this:

jackd[6806] trap divide error rip:405c60 rsp:42003110 error:0

by any chance? These would appear in /var/log/syslog and
/var/log/messages, and the numbers in the message would be different on
your system (and on a 32-bit system rip and rsp would be eip and esp).
This is what happens on my system and I'm getting similar symptoms to
what you describe.

John