[ardour-dev] ultra-preliminary alpha ardour2 tarball release available

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:42:47 PST 2006

On 1/10/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > The following release is available:
> >
> >         http://ardour.org/releases/ardour-2.0alpha1.tar.bz2
<SNIP>
> Hi Paul,
>    I'm hanging around in teh living room tonight and saw your note so
> I tried building it. The build went cleanly, as far as I can tell. The
> install failed, apparently:

<SNIP>

My mistake. I wasn't root. OK. It installed and is running! Congrats!

A bit of stuff in my terminal:

mark at dragonfly ~/CODE/ardour-2.0alpha1 $ ardour
Ardour/GTK 2.0alpha1
   (built using 1.0.2 with libardour 1.0.0 and GCC version 3.3.6
(Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.

(ardour:19219): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property:
object class `GtkSettings' has no property named
`gtk-can-change-accels'

(ardour:19219): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `urgency_hint'
for class `gtkmm__GtkDialog'

(ardour:19219): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property
`do_overwrite_confirmation' for class `gtkmm__GtkFileChooserButton'

(ardour:19219): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property
`do_overwrite_confirmation' for class `gtkmm__GtkFileChooserButton'
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key
is pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use
Mod3 to mean Meta rather than Mod2

Great work. The dialogs look much more modern.

I'll play with it a while and see what's what.

Cheers,
Mark