[ardour-dev] MTC-master solved with current kernels?

Per Sigmond per at sigmond.no
Fri Feb 24 13:10:38 PST 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 20:38, Markus Hein wrote:
> Mayby very helpful could be a link to a description, how to sync multiple
> machines running a typical jack-set.

Make sure you set the right midi port. For me only the alsa/raw type works. My
entry in ardour.rc looks like this:
<MIDI-port tag="hw:1" device="/dev/snd/midiC1D0" type="alsa/raw"
mode="duplex"/>
(I have two soundcards and use the second for midi out, hence the "C1" instead
of "C0")
Once you get the port right it should work just fine (remember to enable "Send
MTC" option in the Sync flip of the "Options Editor" window).

Regards,
Per.
--
Per Sigmond