[ardour-dev] Recording Alingment Issue?

Axel Müller axel at hab-verschlafen.de
Fri Feb 24 09:53:15 PST 2006

Hi everyone. :)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:09:21 -0500 Pete Bessman wrote:

> I could have sworn this was fixed a long time ago, but nonetheless, I've
> found that when I record stuff, I have to drag it to the right a wee bit
> so that it lines up with existing material properly.  The only thing that
> has changed is I accidentally deleted my .ardour folder --- was there an
> option in there that said "align my stuff" or something? Because other
> than that, i have no clue what is going on.

I did not do any tests yet and don't know if this is related, but I
noticed one thing: The latency shown in the statusbar of ardour is only
half of that shown in the configuration dialoge of qjackctl.

Gentoo
Ardour: 0.99.2 (the corrected tarball) with ardour/gtk 1.3.0 and libardour
0.906.1)
qjackctl: 0.2.17
jackd: 0.99.0
Soundcard: RME HDSP9652

...I noticed this with version 0.99.1 of ardour as well.

Hope this helps.

Axel Müller