[ardour-dev] compilation errors (ardour2 on Debian Sarge)

Stephen West stephenwest1 at lineone.net
Thu Feb 23 03:59:30 PST 2006

Hello,
I'm compiling on Planet CCRMA FC4 but I receive the
/usr/bin/xgettext: error while opening "../version.cc" for reading: No
such file

>or directory

message, too.
Scons says:
Generating POTFILES.in in gtk_ardour/po

but the file structure for ardour2 appears to be gtk2_ardour/po not
gtk_ardour/po. Is this anything to do with the error?
Thanks,
Stephen

>Hello,

>when trying to compile Ardour2 on Sarge, with gcc-3.4, I get the
following

>(summarized) errors. The most blocking is the last one since it stops
scons.

>I didn't yet have time to investigate, but maybe some of you will be
able to