[ardour-dev] cracking sound with sends

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Feb 12 20:15:38 PST 2006

On 2/12/06, fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:29:10PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> > Absolutely right.  I've no idea why this hasn't been reported before
> > now, or why it was ignored if it was.   I've committed a fix for the
> > issue to CVS (ardour1) and attached the patch itself, in case you were
> > curious about the solution.
>
> I am, but... nothing is attached AFAICS...

Oops.  It's attached now, but the CVS snapshot might have more nice
fixes in it over the version you have.

The fix is probably not optimal (as it involves a copy of the data),
but to do it any other way would involve a change to the panning code
which I didn't want to make right now.  Arguably deliver_outputs()
should not be changing its inputs at all.

> It can't have been in there very long - any use of a pre or post
> send would immediately reveal the problem.

Hard to tell, didn't someone report this problem was there in 0.99?
Seems like you would have noticed yourself.

jlc