[ardour-dev] cracking sound with sends

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Feb 12 17:11:07 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:29:10PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:

> On 2/12/06, fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > In the other case, there is an apply_declick() performed
> > on the _input_ signals, i.e. on the 'main' signal rathter
> > than the one copied for the send.
>
> Absolutely right.  I've no idea why this hasn't been reported before
> now, or why it was ignored if it was.   I've committed a fix for the
> issue to CVS (ardour1) and attached the patch itself, in case you were
> curious about the solution.

I am, but... nothing is attached AFAICS...

It can't have been in there very long - any use of a pre or post
send would immediately reveal the problem.

My quick and dirty solution so far (needing a working system fast)
was to comment out the call to apply_declick() and the surrounding
if(), keeping only _gain = dg; The result is no declicking on the
send, but that's better than before :-)

> > I've no idea ATM regarding the second problem (meter
> > indication goes crazy).
>
> I can't reproduce the crazy meters (and couldn't before the above fix
> either)....

To be clear, it's the meter in the send dialog that goes way up to
100 dB and above when the real level is around 0 dB, not the mixer
strip meters.

T(IA) for the patch !

--
Fons