[ardour-dev] cracking sound with sends

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Feb 12 07:28:28 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 01:34:45PM +0200, Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> Send gain declicking code is a good place to start looking.. :)

I suspect the problem is in IO::deliver_output().

When there is a panner AND it is bypassed, control goes
to IO:deliver_output_no_pan(), and everything is OK
(confirmed by test).

In the other case, there is an apply_declick() performed
on the _input_ signals, i.e. on the 'main' signal rathter
than the one copied for the send.

Now I don't feel very confident as to being able to
correct this without probably breaking other things
such as automation.

I've no idea ATM regarding the second problem (meter
indication goes crazy).

--
FA