[ardour-dev] cracking sound with sends

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Feb 12 06:33:51 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 01:34:45PM +0200, Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 12:32 +0100, fons adriaensen wrote:
>
> > Any idea where to start looking ?
>
> Send gain declicking code is a good place to start looking.. :)

It looks like the declicking operation on the 'send' signal is
performed on the 'main' signal instead. The 'send' signal itself
seems not to be declicked - it has audible zipper noise.

Putting some printf() in apply_declick() shows that the same
buffers are used as argument to apply_declick() for both the
'main' and and the 'send' signals.

There are numerous calls to apply_declick() in Route::process_
output_buffers(), all of them seem to use the same buffers, which
are an argument to this function. This seems to suggest that
declicking is always performed on the 'main' input signal...
I've not yes understood the logic of all that's happening there,
nor convinced myself that it is all correct.

--
FA