[ardour-dev] 0.99.1 causing plugin crash?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Feb 10 15:56:21 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 00:52 +0100, fons adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:52:37PM -0700, James Rich wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Per Sigmond wrote:
>
> > > Can anyone duplicate this?
> >
> > I am getting the same thing I believe, though I am not using that
> > particular plugin.  I get crashes using a similar key sequence with all
> > plugins disabled.  I don't know if that makes any difference.
>
> I'm having a similar problem with a postfader mono plugin in a
> stereo track. I've been tracing the plugin and found out the
> following: when the track is muted, the plugin is still called,
> but only one input is muted.

can you expand on precisely what you mean by that?

> To make things worse, the input and
> output buffers are the same, so if there is any gain in the plugin
> things will explode rapidly.

ardour doesn't support LADSPA plugins that do not support
PROCESS_INPLACE, or VST plugins that do not have processReplacing()
methods. hence, yes, input buffer is always the same as the output
buffer. if a plugin can't handle that, it should not be marked as being
capable of doing inplace processing.