[ardour-dev] 64 bit users, please test the latest ardour1 CVS

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sat Feb 4 03:43:21 PST 2006

Hi,

On debian you can install all compile dependancies with the command
command:

apt-get build-dep [package]

(as root, or use sudo)

The package name for ardour depends on your distro. The package name is
probably either "ardour" or "arodur-gtk".

There has been some cases where the build dependancies aren't correct in
the package. If I remember correctly, at least the ubuntu package
doesn't report all of the required dependancies.

Packages that you need are at least:

libgtk1.2-dev
libglib1.2-dev
libsndfile1-dev
libsamplerate0-dev
libxml2-dev
liblrdf0-dev
libcurl3-openssl-dev

(this is not a definitive list, as i can't test it)

And of course, you need the source code:
http://www.ardour.org/releases/ardour-cvs.tar.bz2

  Sampo

Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>