[ardour-dev] patch for ardour2 generic midi control surface feedback

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Tue Dec 19 22:46:19 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 13:03 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> > > i'll look at it this morning.
> >
> > Cool. I'm also seeing some interesting things with save and restore. The
> > session I've been testing with now has 2 <Protocol name="Generic
> > MIDI".../> sections, with duplicates of some of the entries in
> > <controls> - both inside one section and across the two sections. Also,
> > Options/Control Surfaces/Generic MIDI and Options/Control
> > Surfaces/Generic MIDI/Feedback are not ticked on session restore.
>
> could you send me that file?

Of course. It's attached.

This might be useful: I've just looked at the session file, and it only
had one <Protocol name="Generic MIDI".../> section. I played with it for
a while, and I discovered that when I open the session (using
gtk2_ardour/ardev ~/test) the Options/Control Surfaces/Generic MIDI and
Options/Control Surfaces/Generic MIDI/Feedback are not ticked. If I tick
them, and *then* bind a midi control, and then shutdown (choosing Save
and Quit) the second <Protocol name="Generic MIDI".../> shows up,
containing the new bindings.

> i don't have MIDI I/O on my system right
> now, so i can't do much checking or generating of good test cases.

I'm happy to do debugging here - just tell me which source files to
start with.

bye
John