[ardour-dev] Sound card options

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Aug 15 03:57:46 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 03:52:09AM -0700, SAKURA wrote:
> I would like to go RME, but it seems like they
> have a limit on analog inputs themselves. I dont have any equipment that
> transmits a digital signal, so I would have a lot of digital recording
> ability but few analog with the Hammerfall.
> At the very least, 20 analog inputs are required for my recording needs.
> More would be great, but I can live with 20. Would my needs be served by
> purchasing a digital mixer and a HDSP? I have just about grown out of my
> Delta 44, and its time to move on to bigger things. By the way, I am
> looking for information pertaining to ALSA and Ardour, if it wasnt
> obvious by me mailing this list :)
I have a HDSP Digiface with 3 Behringer ADA8000 working here flawlessly
under ardour/alsa. This setup has 24 Analog inputs. I have not tried
syncing it up with another HDSP because the 24 inputs suffice for me.

Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern