[ardour-dev] test release of 0.99.3 for osx universal

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 04:08:43 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 06:50:11 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > 	It couldn't find any playback ports (I think thats bad jack setup
> > 	though, I couldn't see any in the connection window). That means I
> > 	haven't tested playback.
>
> what jack controller are you using (jackpilot, qjackctl)?

jackpilot

> > More general observation:
> >
> > 	Binding tracks to JACK inputs is a PITA, its been a while since
> > 	I've used Ardour in anger, and it took me a while to figure out
> > 	how.
>
> what specifically is the PITA? did you create the new session with the
> autoconnect option(s) enabled?

I did, but I dont think it did the input connections. Maybe because the
output connections failed? I had to enable a mixer strip down the left
side, select inputs and battle my way through the complex tabby port
connections UI (which I have never really groked).

Also the jack coreaudio stuff seems to use :in and :out, rather than
:playback and :capture, which I found disorienting. I dont use my macs for
audio of course :) so I'm a newbie on that front.

All that took quite a few false starts (eg. looking in the JACK menu and
friends for the connections dialogue).

- Steve