[ardour-dev] test release of 0.99.3 for osx universal

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 26 03:50:11 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 06:36 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> 	If you start it and you dont have jack installed it just bounces
> 	then immediatly quits, no message or anything.

yes, we need to do something to catch this condition, since when its
started from the icon, there is no clue what happened.

> 	It couldn't find any playback ports (I think thats bad jack setup
> 	though, I couldn't see any in the connection window). That means I
> 	haven't tested playback.

what jack controller are you using (jackpilot, qjackctl)?

> 	There is a rendering bug in the object name on the editor window.
> 	Looked like the text was being cheaply scaled or something, but it
> 	wasn't possible to tell what it said. It fixed itsself at random
> 	when I moved the object about.

gtk bug. doesn't happen for ardour2.

> More general observation:
>
> 	Binding tracks to JACK inputs is a PITA, its been a while since
> 	I've used Ardour in anger, and it took me a while to figure out
> 	how.

what specifically is the PITA? did you create the new session with the
autoconnect option(s) enabled?

--p