[ardour-dev] Freeze

Stephen West stephenwest1 at lineone.net
Thu Apr 6 08:12:57 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm using the freeze function for a track as it's a very small track and
nothing should change in it
(I believe the freeze function is used to reduce CPU use for tracks that
one doesn't want to change).
There is just a GVerb effect added. Before freeze the track plays
perfectly but when I freeze it there
is lots of distortion that sound like clipping. When I unfreeze it again,
it goes back to normal.
If I remove the GVerb and then freeze, then the track is undistorted. I've
tried this in Alpha2 and 0.99-2
and it happens in both. If anyway can help me, I'd be grateful.
I posted the problem as a bug on Mantis but it appears to have disappeared
down the list off of the bottom.
It appears to me to be quite a major bug.

Thanks,

Stephen