[ardour-dev] [ardour-users] ladspa problem on OSX 10.4 figured out

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:52:47 PDT 2005

Hi Jesse,
   I  must say, I don't think I've had an easier experience getting
things loaded and running on any system in years. This is my first
non-Apple software install on the Mac Mini so I don't know what to
expect on this platform. That said I really couldn't have asked for a
better experience. With no real instructions to work from I downloaded
a package called ardour-0.99.dmg, double clicked it, went through the
install, everything seemed very clean.

NOTE: The Ardour OS X installer is really very pretty. Good job
whoever did that.

   I then tried starting Ardour. It didn't work but the termianl that
popped up clued me in that I needed jackosx and gave me a valid web
address. I got JackOSX.0.71.pkg from there and installed it.

   At this point Ardour came up running fine.

   I then got the swh-plugins package, double clicked it, went through
an install again, restarted Ardour, and all the plugins seem to be
there.

   I have done no functional testing yet but the install process went
really, really, really well. My best regards to everyone involved.

   As a QJackCtl user I find letting Ardour start Jack sort of
foreign. With Ardour running I cannot tell what latency I am running
at. I will hopefully sort that out over time.

   Anyway, this was a really excellent experience. My thanks to
everyone involved.

With best regards,
Mark