[ardour-dev] Proposed editing mode, for users with heavy editing needs

AES_24_96 pipelineaudio at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:37:50 PDT 2005

> Most of what you are writing about is either already possible or stems
> from familiarity with the conventions of other software packages.
> Changes you might argue in favor of would be just as strongly argued
> against by somebody with a background in another software package.

Which is why I proposed not to change anything that already is, just to be able
to switch to an edit mode, or maybe skin, or mouse mode. I dont know. I dont
propose any existing functionality is changed in any way. If this were a mouse
mode and could carry with it new key bindings, there we go. And for heavy
editing, I dont agree that a separate play cursor is a good thing at all, only a
time waster. It seems good for mixing, and sometimes recording, but for the
editing speed I have in mind, no thanks.