[ardour-dev] learning audio

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Oct 16 06:07:16 PDT 2005

Achtung!

  Older editions of Moore's book have many errors that have been
corrected in the later editions. Also, it appears that the book is now
available only a a facsimile edition (at least that's how it appears on
Amazon). An error sheet was available (on the net?), I don't know its
current status.

  While I agree with Frank that EoCM is a classic, I would recommend
Dodge & Jerse's "Computer Music" first. Neither book is actually a
tutorial on writing audio applications, but I think Dodge's book is more
general. (Moore's book is something of an extended tutorial on his
cmusic language).

  Anyway, IMO the best book on audio programming is the source code for
Ardour, Hydrogen, Audacity, Snd, Csound, etc.

Best,

dp