[ardour-dev] Ardour segfault - backtrace info

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Oct 12 10:03:58 PDT 2005

> 1) Certianly I'd like to know why my session causes this. What can I
> change to effect this?

i don't think its your session, its the loop back to zero, i would
guess. there are 2 issues: why does ardour decide it needs to run a
process() call with nframes == 0 and secondly, what should ardour do
when it does decide to try this?

> 2) I guess you'll add some sort of check in the future, but with the
> state of changes right now I think CVS may be of no use to me? Is this
> correct? Or can I look for a fix in a nightly tarball sometime soon,
> assuming I cannot fix the session myself.

there will be no changes to CVS for the ardour 0.99 line until the first
ardour2 version compiles.

--p