[ardour-dev] Ardour segfault - backtrace info

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:48:40 PDT 2005

On 10/12/05, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > [Switching to Thread 1098918240 (LWP 9597)]
> > 0x00000000007ad1c4 in ARDOUR::Route::process_output_buffers (this=0x193ba60,
> >     bufs=@0x177dee0, nbufs=1, start_frame=0, end_frame=0, nframes=0,
> >     offset=64, with_redirects=true, declick=0, meter=false) at route.cc:432
> > 432                                     _effective_gain = gab[nframes-1];
>
> thats all i need :)
>
> nframes == 0 ... nothing to do .. probably ... ouch.

So then two things:

1) Certianly I'd like to know why my session causes this. What can I
change to effect this?

2) I guess you'll add some sort of check in the future, but with the
state of changes right now I think CVS may be of no use to me? Is this
correct? Or can I look for a fix in a nightly tarball sometime soon,
assuming I cannot fix the session myself.

If you do NOT want me to fix the session, so that you can test your
fix, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark