[ardour-dev] Re: Adding audio buses breaks alignment

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Fri Oct 7 11:54:54 PDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Now what I wouldnt be adverse to is the ability to change this through a
> > global setting myself,
>
> Yeah, that's probably a better solution.
>
> > that way when people get used to it and it does
> > benefit them for the tracks not to be autoconnected, they can choose for
> > them not to be.  Actually isnt this an option when you are creating a new
> > session anyways?
>
> I don't remember, but I cannot recollect any option that stopped my
> tracks from being connected somewhere. However I've been using a
> couple of templates and really lose track myself.

Yes, not only is it an option when you create the new session (albeit
somewhat hidden on the second tab), but it is also an option after
that on the Misc page of the options window.  However, you have to
remember to check this every time you create a new session if you
don't like the defaults.

I also noticed that even when you turn off all autoconnection in the
new session dialog, the master outputs still connect to the hardware
initially.

The ability to change the default settings would be something a bit
new for the ardour UI in general, because right now some options you
change are saved across all sessions, and some aren't... the GUI
doesn't make clear what.

jlc