[ardour-dev] ardour2: LinuxSampler

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 08:20:25 PST 2005

> there isn't, and it really would never work that way. linuxsampler is an
> independent JACK client that would have its own GUI. it would never run
> inside of ardour.

I guess I should clarify. Yes, linuxsampler is a separate jack client. But
linuxsampler comes with a gui front end (qsampler) that A) takes up a lot of
screen area and B) doesn't do a whole lot (and eats 110MB of memory to do
it) and C) comes with an abstraction library and protocol (the linuxsampler
control protocol)

My thought was basically a mild variant of an existing ardour track/mixer
widget could act as a gui front end to linuxsampler.

--p

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge