[ardour-dev] playback model

Gregorio Canelos gtc at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 7 18:09:33 PST 2005

Appreciate the direction to the URL.
I was hoping for a more implementation-oriented explanation. I
understand what playlists do, I'm wondering how they communicate with
the timer, and what mechanism actually queues the sounds at the correct
time... ie: say I have a playlist and it is assigned to a single track.
When playback happens,  how does the playlist  feed each sound to the
line at the correct time?  Is there a general algorithm that you could
outline?  I am using the java sound api, and want to experiment a little
with my own wav player.

Thanks again