[ardour-dev] Cannot use translation

Jorge Sandín spesgmd at telefonica.net
Tue May 17 18:12:52 PDT 2005

El Martes, 17 de Mayo de 2005 21:47, Petter Sundlöf escribió:
> But here:
>
> open("/usr/local/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo",
> O_RDONLY) = 3
>
> it finds the file. And the fact that some of Ardour is translated --
> namely the punch in/punch out, click + solo/audition part. Nothing else
> though. So it seems the file is used, but not all of it?
>
> Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> > open("/usr/local/share/locale/sv_SE.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo",
> > O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> > open("/usr/local/share/locale/sv_SE.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo",
> > O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> >
> > These seem to be the important lines.  Where does the file get installed?
> > /usr/local/share/locale/sv_SE/LC_MESSAGES/gtk_ardour.mo?  Maybe instead
> > of sv_SE.po, it should be named sv_SE.UTF-8.po instead.

Hi list,

I've got the same problem, I've made an es_ES file, and want to use it. Ardour
seems to detect the file and the locales, and try to use it, but only a few
messages are displayed translated (curious, exactly the same messages that
Petter say: the punch in/punch out, click + solo/audition part. Nothing
else), I think they're the first messages in the .po file, (I'm not sure
now).

I remember the first time I tried that, I could see all the translations in
Ardour, but since an update to now, I only see those few ones.

The same happens when I change the locale to fr_FR, pt_BR, etc. always just
the same few messages translated only, not the rest.

Even if I try a uninstall (scons -c install), and reinstall, or a version
update it doesn't change.

I want to help with the spanish translation of Ardour before the 1.0 release,
but can't work on it while this problem persists...

Any idea?

I'll try renaming the .po file to es_ES.UTF-8.po, as Taybin suggested...

Jorge.
--
"Free as in Freedom" SpeS G.M.D.